Updates to sparql.js


I'm not sure if anyone is using Elias and my sparql.js JavaScript library for issuing SPARQL queries. (Probably not, given its Firefox-and-friends-only orientation and the standard cross-site XMLHttpRequest security restrictions.) Since I first blogged about the library last year, we've made a few changes to the library, Most notably, we've removed the dependency on the Yahoo! connection manager (or on any other third-party libraries, for that matter). Additionally, we've added a setRequestHeader method which passes the given headers and values along to the underlying HTTP request object. We use this functionality, for example, to provide user credentials (via HTTP Basic Auth) when SPARQLing against a Boca server.

The update should be transparent to any current uses of the library. Please let me know if you try it out and experience any problems.


Great news. But the link to sparql.js is broken.

We use sparql.js in Snorql, the “AJAX-based SPARQL explorer” that ships with D2R Server (example).

Hi Richard,

Thanks for the heads-up; I've fixed the broken link.